A tradition of faithfulness since 1936.
Dr. Mabel Culter
Developing leaders in the church and in the world. In 1936, Dr. Mabel Culter, then Dean of Women at the Bible Institute of Los Angeles, saw a need for an elementary and secondary school that would integrate the best components of secular education with historic and spiritual truths of the Christian faith. Eager to guide and challenge young people in all areas of their development: physical, intellectual, emotional, and spiritual, Dr. Culter began the school. The school began in a private home with a handful of students. Rapid increases in enrollment necessitated several relocations of the campus within Los Angeles; in 1968, the academy moved to its present site and was renamed The Linfield School.