The Vision of Linfield Christian School is to relentlessly pursue the standard of excellence in Christ-centered, college preparatory education.
Fall 2017 School Year Start Date – August 21, 2017
- High School International students must return to the U.S. no later than August 6, 2017 for registration.
- All Middle School International students must return to the U.S. no later than August 13, 2017 for registration; all NEW Middle School International students must be at Linfield for registration and orientation on August 14, 2017.
Submit an Inquiry Form
Learn more about Linfield’s International Program
Meet Chinese international student Quinn Wen and learn about the impact Linfield has had on his life.
Advanced Placement and Honors Weighted Courses
- AP Biology
- AP Calculus AB
- AP Calculus BC
- AP Chemistry
- AP English Language
- AP English Literature
- AP European History
- AP Government
- AP Physics
- AP Spanish
- AP Studio Art
- AP U.S. History
- Honors Advanced Math
Honors and Advanced Placement coursework is available to high school students who have completed the appropriate prerequisites and have the recommendation of the faculty. Enrollment in advanced courses is selective and is not available to all students.
English Language Development
The International Student Program at Linfield Christian High School provides students with quality instruction in English language acquisition, something that is imperative for success in our rigorous college preparatory program. The program is designed to help students improve their English proficiency in academic knowledge and skills in specific subject content areas. In conjunction with daily instruction in English reading, writing, comprehension, and vocabulary skills, the program emphasizes higher level academic language proficiency in critical thinking and analytical reading and writing skills. Small class sizes and individual tutoring foster progress in students’ individual language abilities. Courses include: English I Shelter & English II Shelter (CREDIT: UC approved courses; each counts as 1 year of English credit), Academic Seminar, and Language Lab.
Linfield Christian School is an independent college preparatory school that exists to develop and inspire students —
To know Jesus Christ as Lord
To love others as themselves
To grow in knowledge and skill
— in order that they may serve the Lord and the world through their character and leadership.
Membership & Accreditation
- The school is governed by a Board of Trustees.
- Accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) in grades K-12
- Member of Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI), California Interscholastic Federation (CIF), and the National Association for College Admission Counseling
Linfield offers students:
- A rigorous academic college-preparatory program, meeting the University of California entrance requirements
- English language development, emphasizing cognitive language proficiency in understanding literature, analytical writing, and critical thinking. (English Shelter 1 and 2, Academic Seminar and Language Lab)
- Coursework in the areas of mathematics, social studies, sciences, foreign language and fine arts
International students from the classes of 2014-2015 were accepted to the colleges and universities listed below.
Amherst College, Arizona State University, Biola University, Boston College, Brandeis University, California Baptist University, Colorado School of Mines, Cornell University, Emory University, Georgetown University, Georgia Institute of Technology, Indiana University
New York University, Northeastern University, Ohio State University, Pennsylvania University, Pepperdine University, Pratt Institute, Purdue University, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, St. John’s University, Stony Brook University, SUNY Albany, SUNY Binghamton, Tulane University
UC Berkley, UC Davis, UC Irvine, UC Los Angeles, UC Riverside, UC San Diego, UC Santa Barbara, UC Santa Cruz, University of Illinois, University of Southern California, University of Washington, University of Wisconsin, Vanderbilt University, Wake Forest University