The Athletics Department at Linfield Christian School seeks to strengthen our Jr.K-12 students physically, mentally, socially, and spiritually through excellence in sports. Our physical education and athletic programs are designed to teach teamwork, advanced sports skills, endurance, responsibility, and respect.
1. To foster an enjoyment of physical activity, providing wholesome alternatives in the use of leisure time, building motor skills, and developing students’ physical capacities in the area of strength, flexibility, and cardio-respiratory fitness.
2. To develop an understanding of how the body works and develop a positive attitude toward the maintenance of optimum health, both mental and physical.
3. To provide opportunities to develop proper attitudes toward winning and losing, cooperation in a team atmosphere, self-control, as well as personal responsibility and accountability.
4. To foster a healthy and realistic self-concept through physical activity in interscholastic sports.
5. To teach discipline through the team concept as a guideline for behavior both in and out of the athletic area.